Magnetic particle Inspection (MPI) is a non-destructive testing (NDT) process for detecting surface and slightly subsurface discontinuities in ferromagnetic materials such asiron, nickel, cobalt, and some of their alloys. The process puts a magnetic field into the part. The piece can be magnetized by direct or indirect magnetization. . The magnetic lines of force are perpendicular to the direction of the electric current which may be either alternating current (AC) or some form of direct current (DC) (rectified AC).
Permanent magnets and electromagnetic yokes are also often used to produce a longitudinal magnetic field. The magnetic lines of force run from one pole to the other, and the poles are positioned such that any flaws present run normal to these lines of force.
Magnetic particle inspection facilities at PETROCON ENGG. & INSP. CO. Navi Mumbai, India
1. Specialized magnetic particle inspection equipments for Aerospace NDT applications.
2. Permanent magnetic yoke available for testing in remote areas.
3. Modern high amperage magnetic particle testing equipments including electromagnetic yokes.
4. Powerful mobile type of prod equipments.
5. 6000 amperes stationery wet horizontal type equipments for inspection of mass production components, coils, solenoids, central conductors with AC, HWDC and FWDC facilities.
6. High intensity black light kits for fluorescent inspection and demagnetizing equipments.
7. Magnetic particle testing professionals are qualified and certified to MT Level I, II as per ASNT recommended practice SNT-TC-1A, IS:13805 certified by Indian Society for Non-destructive testing (ISNT) and are approved by leading third party inspection authorities.
8. Experienced in house ASNT NDT Level III consultants and experts for providing techniques establishment, procedure preparation, approval and consultancy services.
9. ASNT NDT Level III trainers for conducting in house or external NDT Level 1, 2 training and certification courses on Magnetic particle testing and other NDT inspection methods.
10. Strong team of NDT professionals to provide magnetic particle testing services across India