Pulse eddy current equipment has been successfully applied in corrosion detection for several years now. Whereas field experience on insulated objects has grown significantly, the technique's characteristics make it also highly suitable for other field situations where the object surface is rough or inaccessible. Because (surface) preparations can be avoided the tool provides a fast and cost-effective solution for corrosion detection.
Pulse Eddy Current testing facility at PETROCON ENGG. & INSP. CO. Navi Mumbai, India
1. Inspection Through Insulation The ability to assess the condition of pipe-work and pressure vessels underneath insulation offers many advantages for plant operators. It is also possible to accurately monitor corrosion using the same methodology. Developed primarily by Shell Global Solutions in order to serve their own needs, PEC inspection technology is now commercially available by RAYNAR CO. KOREA which holds an operating licence for PEC inspection equipment. This licence was awarded under our strict staff competence regime and Shell was satisfied with our technical procedures.
2. Benefits of Our Pulsed Eddy-Current Inspection Services at a Glance
Our pulsed eddy current inspection services offer you:
• No loss of production, as inspection can take place while the inspection object is in service.
• Reduced inspection costs, as insulation material does not need to be removed.
• Speedy inspection, as surfaces do not require any preparation.
• Good reproducibility of PEC readings at the same locations.
3. Experienced NDT Level II certified professionals to carry out Eddy current inspections in house and onsite jobs.
4. In-house ASNT NDT Eddy current testing ET Level III services on Consulting, technique establishments, procedure preparation.